Book Title: Cinema for French Conversation
Author: Stacey Katz Bourns
Format: Paperback | 392 pages
Publication Date: 15 Mar 2013
An exciting book for incorporating French cinema and culture into a French language course. Each chapter of the book is devoted to a single movie and includes tools for students watching the film, discussing and writing about the film, and understanding the film in a broader cultural context. This best-selling textbook continues to define language learning through film.
Included in each chapter, is vocabulary helpful to understanding and discussing the film, structured exercises in understanding the film once it has been viewed--especially for discussion in class--and an accompanying reading for each film designed to provide perspective on the film itself.
New to the fourth edition:
- Four new award-winning films
- Revised selection of readings
- Handy textboxes providing clarifications, examples, and how to avoid common mistakes
- Screen shots of characters in Premiere Approche
- Companion website offering links to film trailers, interviews, and other online resources The Films (new in bold):
Inch' Allah dimanche - Jean de Florette - Manon des sources - Ressources humaines - Joyeux Noel - Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain -L'esquive - Ridicule - La veuve de Saint-Pierre - Les femmes du 6e etage - Welcome - Au revoir les enfants - 8 femmes - Cyrano de Bergerac - Le hussard sur le toit - Moliere - Le dernier metro - Le diner de cons